Wednesday, January 18, 2012

UPDATE

Hi Everyone!


Just wanted to give you an update on my family & Gilby.


My sister who has Breast Cancer had the 1st part of her surgery last week, she is still in some pain, but seems to be doing pretty well, she has a check up with her doctor tomorrow. I feel bad because I was supposed to work from her house & help take care of her & their 2 Berners, but because Gilby has been so sick I couldn't leave him. In another week or so she will start radiation therapy daily for 2 weeks & then she will undergo the 2nd part of the reconstructive surgery.


Was finally able to speak with my other sister who lives in California the other night. They weren't able to get all of the tumor from her brain, she explained it like "sprinkles on a cupcake", but they are not going to go back in. She has (she calls it grade instead of stage) grade 4 Glioblastoma, which is fatal, but she is has a good outlook and feels God will take care of her & let her live for many, many years. She will begin chemo & radiation next week & then is hoping to be part of a clinical trial for a vaccine that will help. She sounded so strong & feels so grateful to god for getting her this far & is very thankful for all the prayers.


Gilby is still spiking fevers, was as high as 104.7 last night. He finally had an ultrasound last night & they found that his pancreas was just fine. They did find some thickness on his mitral valve (which is very rare for a pup his age) they are concerned about & a nodule on his gall bladder, they aren't too worried about that. So the docs there have referred us back to our vet for a list of tests in order that he will need. Mean while he has to stay on the antibiotics & the pain meds, we have an appointment with our regular vet on Saturday. The poor little guy has gone through so much, all he does is sleep, we hate to see him like this.


I haven't done any crafting since before Christmas, as I haven't had time & haven't felt well myself & basically haven't had crafting bug. Hopefully, I'll get in my craft room this weekend.


Thanks again for all your prayers.


8 comments:

  1. My goodness, Wendy. Bless you and your family. When it rains it pours they say. {{{HUGS}}} I will keep you all in my prayers. Hang in there. God knows best, we can't ask for much more than that.
    HUGS
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you sweetheart! I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Goodness!!! You have such a full plate!! Sending you and Gilby and your sisters big prayers of health and wellness and peace.

    Hang in there! Hope you can find some comfort in your craft room! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much going on. I will be praying for your sisters, you, and Gilby. Hugs to you and doggie kisses to Gilby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about all you're dealing with right now. God promises He will never leave us or forsake us. You're in my prayers - may He comfort you as only He can. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about all the difficulties you're facing right now. God promises He will never leave us or forsake us. I pray He will comfort you as only He can. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy, sorry to meet you at such a trying time in your life. I hope and pray that your sister will fully recover from her surgery and also that your dog will get well. Better days to come. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading this, I hope you find the news on my blog a bit uplifting. Come over and have a look.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me....and Gilby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It