Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'M BACK & HANDMADE ART JOURNAL

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been such a long time since I've posted anything & I apologize to my followers. Lot's going on this year with my youngest Graduating from Military School. Very exciting year for Brandon, he Graduated with Honors & was the Salutatorian, he also got a VERY GOOD scholarship to Rollins College in Florida.
The "Empty Nest" syndrome has already set in, as he left 2 wks ago to work & then attend College. I miss him so much, I can't hardly stand it, but I'm very excited for him & what the future holds for him!

I've been doing some Mixed Media lately, with journals & canvases. I'm addicted to watching You-Tube videos...lol, there are so many great projects to watch. I saw one on how to make a journal from used items like cereal boxes, so that's what I decided to try. Please let Gilby & I know what you think! :-)

Cover 

Inside Cover

Cover-Bound

Inside Pages Box
It only took 1 Cereal Box-I've been on a "Krave" kick lately-just straight out of the box!
Used a bunch of 6x6 Paper Pads, Acrylic Paints, Distress Paints, Archival Inks, Stamps, Stencil, Gesso, Modeling Paste, Decoupage, Spray Glaze, Tags, Mixed Media Paper, Waxed Thread & Leather Needle.

As always, Gilby & I love your comments...his tail just wags away when he sees me smile!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Wendy:) Big Congratulations to your son Brandon and you!! My sister's daughter is going off to Rice University this August and we have already balled our eyes out together thinking about her going off to college LOL!!! My son is only 8 but I know the time will fly and he will be off to college before I know it:) Again big congrats to him!! Your journal is amazingly beautiful!! Welcome back:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me....and Gilby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It