Monday, September 5, 2011

IT'S HIPPIE DIGI TIME...LOL!!!

Hi Everyone & Happy Labor Day!

Sorry about the title, I know it's a little corny, but that's me!

A friend of mine wanted me to make her a card for her Anniversary that she could give to her husband. The first thing that came to mind was making a card with them as hippies!!! They would have totally been hippies if they were older back then for sure!!!

I got to searching for hippie digi stamps & I really couldn't find any that really suited them, until I ran across Jen's Digi Stamps . She had a girl hippie that was perfect, but she didn't have a guy. I e-mailed her to see if she could make one AND I was shocked & thrilled when she said "yeah, no problem"!!! I mean that is some customer service!!! I was sooo pleased with the guy that she drew, he was perfecto, as you can see below, they look soo cute together!!!

If you are into Digi Stamps, I would highly recommend going to her site Jen's Digi Stamps , she has some of the cutest images I have seen & her DT is just FABULOUS!!!
In fact, I will have some more wonderful news to share later on, so stay tuned, same dog blog, same...(told you I was corny)!!!

My friend totally loved the card & didn't even notice some of the mistakes I had made. I know crafting doesn't have to be perfect, but I always put pressure on myself to make whatever I am making as perfect as it can be. Maybe now, knowing that she didn't see the mistakes, maybe I will put less pressure on myself & just enjoy crafting!!!


Recipe:
Jen's Digi Stamps-"Jenny" & "Larry"
Our Craft Lounge (OCL) - "Flower Power" They have AWESOME clear & rubber stamps along with lots of other great products!!!
I colored them with both Copics & Prisma Coloring Pencils
I used the Large Circle Nestability to cut them out
I embossed both the sentiment & flower
Cardstock is DCWV Textured & AC Brights
The Peace sign strip is from Reminisce "Unwritten"
I also used Crushed Velvet Flock (Black) around the circle

I hope you like the card & get a chance to go by Jen's Digi Stamps & OCL, I promise you will love them both!!!

As always, Gilby & I love your comments...his tail just wags away when he sees me smile!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Goodnessssssss, this is absolutely a HOOT!!! love the hippies (yes that was me back when) hahhaa! Fabulous job dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me....and Gilby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It