Monday, February 14, 2011

16!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are having a great Valentines!  My sweetie surprised me with a pink frosted doughnut with heart sprinkles, so I was a happy camper.  He's also going to make me dinner tomorrow night since we both weren't up to eating much tonight.

I made this card for my youngest who will be 16 on Wednesday (I can't believe how the time just flies)!  Since he is away at school I sent it along with a care package of goodies that he can share with all of his friends.  He'll be home at the end of this month for a visit, so we can do the grand celebration then!

I have to say, I had a really hard time coming up with a card idea for him, I'm still not sure if I made the right choice, it may be a little too cutesy for him. It has nothing to do with the fact that I don't want him to grow up any more than he already has...LOL..yeah that's it.  Since I was having such a hard time coming up with an idea, I turned to a few challenges for some inspiration (I'll list them below)  I hope he likes it, even if it is a bit too cute!  :0)  Let me know what you all think.


One of my goals this year is to enter more challenges and when blogger or website lets you use your card for more than just their challenge it makes life a little easier.  So this card is being submitted for the following challenges (in alphabetical manor):

http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ Miss Emma's Throwback Thursday you had to make something from the Wild Card or Just Because Cards carts (I chose Wild Card)

http://karens-kakes-krafts.blogspot.com/ her challenge was to make something Celebratory ***You still have time to enter, challenge ends on the 20th!!!***

http://www.peachykeenstampschallenge.blogspot.com/ theirs was a Sketch (#45)

http://scrappymoms-stamps.blogspot.com  you had to use the Simply Charmed cart

Ingredients:
Gypsy
Cricut carts~ Wild Card (frames, half circle and rick-rack frame)~Simply Charmed (flames of the candle)~Pooh Font (16)
Stamps~PKS Everyday Character~Pink By Design Take the Cake & Scripted Year
CB Folder~Diamonds in the Rough
Paper~Imaginisce (stripped)~DCWV Brights Textured (orange and aqua)
Tim Holtz Distress Inks~Butterscotch and Stream
Diamond Glaze
Stazon Ink Pad
Black Gel Pen

As always, Gilby & I love comments...his tails just wags away when he see's me smile!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

8 comments:

  1. This will make him smile Wendy! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I am sure he will like it!! TFS Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!!! WOW!! I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING ALONG W/MY CREATIVE TIME AND PEACHY KEEN STAMPS!!!
    BIG HUGS,
    EMMA;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! four challenges, one card! what a fun card! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it has just the right amount of cuteness for your 16 yr. old son! I am sure he will like it! Thanks for joining the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this festive card! I've been looking around your blog...very nice! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me....and Gilby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It