Welcome to the Baking Blog Hop!!! Jessica from Baking Up Crafts is our hostess with the mostess today!!! I'm so happy that she invited me to be part of her line up of baking buddies!!!
Your taste buds are going to want some yummies when you are done with this hop, so I hope you get inspired and bake!!! You should have arrived via Sarah from Pink Cricut, she always has yummies on her blog, in fact I got this idea from her & from surfing on you-tube. She also has a yummy beer bread on her blog, so when you're done with the hop be sure you hop on back to hers, because it is super yummy & super simple!!!
Here is the line up in case you get lost along the way.
1. Jessica http://bakingupcrafts.com/
2. Sarah http://www.pinkcricut.com/
3. Wendy http://gilbyscraftster.blogspot.com/ (me)
4. Barb http://bugbites411.blogspot.com/ (next)
5. Maria http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/
6. Jen http://www.jenscraftcorner.com/
7. Dana http://www.irwdanataft.blogspot.com/
I baked you some yummy CAKE POPS today!!! Actually made them for my niece and nephew's Graduation Party last weekend. They take a little practice (still haven't mastered it), but they are super yummy!!! There are tons of videos on YouTube & a number of different techniques, so if you want to try these (and you should) I would watch some videos first. I would also practice making them at least once before you decide to take them to a party or event, you don't want to be in a hurry. I learned that the hard way!!! LOL
*********WARNING..DO NOT MAKE THESE WHEN YOU ARE ON A DIET********
Only the strong survive...I was not so not strong!!! :D
On the way out to the Graduation Party
Made from what was left over
Baked Cake (I used a box mix)
Frosting (I used a can)
Melting Chocolates (Craft Store)-get them when they are on sale
Lolly Pop Sticks (Craft Store)
Styrofoam Disks (Craft Store)
Shredded Paper for Decoration
Prep-Cover styrofoam with plastic wrap & poke whole in it with a lolly pop stick, I would use one while preparing & a 2nd one after they are decorated.
1. Crumble your baked cake (I wouldn't bake it the same day) with some frosting, I used my Kitchenaid with paddle, you can also use a large spoon & your hands, be sure not to use too much frosting.
2. Take a small ice cream scoop & scoop out the mixture into your hand, roll into a ball. This make sure they are all the same size. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3. Freeze for about 15 min.
4. Melt your chocolates in a double boiler
5. Take one end of your stick & dip it in the melted chocolate, then into your cake ball, be careful not to stick it all the way through.
6. Place back in freezer for another 10 min.
7. Form the cake pop at the top to a more round shape & dip in melted chocolate, be careful not to swirl too much or the cake will fall off. Hold the cake pop at a 90 deg angle above the pan of melted chocolate & tap on the stick with a spoon or something & swirl, this will make the excess chocolate come off in a nice manor.
8. Place the cakepop in your prepped styrofoam. At this time you can either cover with sprinkles or wait to cool & decorate with another color of chocolate or however fancy you want to get.
9. Let the chocolate cool completely before you transfer the pops to your other prepped disk
I put my disk in a pie place & then covered with shredded paper.
I do have a little giveaway!!! I like surprises, so the winner will receive bag/box of crafting items...I promise that you will like! Aren't you glad you stuck around??? LOL
I don't like to force anyone to follow my blog, so that is not a requirement. All you have to do is leave a comment & a way to get a hold of you (in case you win) on this post. I am, however switching it up a bit this time to where you'll be able to double your chances of winning! For a 2nd entry, I'm asking that you take a peeksy around my blog, and comment on a different post that you like, then come back here & leave a comment as to which post you commented on (for your 2nd entry). Hope that makes sense. If it turns out that you want to become a follower or subscribe, Gilby & I would be more than thrilled!!!
Ends at 11:59pm (est) Sunday. Gilby & I will pick a winner on Tues!!!
Thanks for stopping by!